Here are some other recipes that you can try:
Low FODMAP Lamb Curry
- 500 g lamb, cut into pieces ( I used assorted meaty lamb bones)fat trimmed off
- 1/4 C Garlic infused olive oil ( I used Cobram Estate)
- I bunch of spring onions ( chop up only the green part)
- 2 red capsicum cut into strips
- 4 tomatoes cut into six pieces
- Spinach leaves fresh or frozen ( I used chopped, frozen pieces from the freezer)
- 1 inch piece of ginger cut very finely
- 1 large red chilli finely chopped
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 green cardamoms, slightly crushed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- salt, to taste
- 2 TBSP plain lactose free yogurt ( I used Black Swan)
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- Chopped coriander stems ( small bunch)
- 2 x lime quarters
- Coriander leaves and plain yogurt
- Lime quarters
- Basmati rice
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Heat the oil and butter in an oven proof wok ( or saucepan).
- Lightly fry the cloves, cardamons, bay leaves and peppercorns till they start to pop (over medium to high heat).
- Next add in the ginger and chilli paste and fry till soft and golden.
- Next add in the turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt and fry for another 5-10 mins adding a little water if necessary.
- Add in the mixture of yoghurt and tomato paste and cook for another few minutes.
- Add the chunks of meat and the capsicum and coat them with the curry mixture.
- Add to capsicum, the spinach and the lime segments.
- Add 350ml of water and mix through.
- Put a lid onto your saucepan and put it into the oven. Cook for 2 hours.
- Garnish with wedges of lime, a dollop of yoghurt and chopped coriander leaves.
Apple Puree Brownies
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, cooked apple puree
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine oil, apple puree and cocoa.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together and stir into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased and baking paper lined 9 inch square pan.
- Sprinkle on nuts.
- Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until top is set but edges are not dried out. Toothpick will come out clean.
- Cut into 16 or more squares.