Do you have a budding chef at home? Do you want your kids to try new meals?
Get the kids booked into our Dinner Club. Weekly classes to learn to cook and use kitchen tools with confidence in a safe, friendly and small group environment. Invest in their future and try us out, we can have them sampling a whole range of new foods and meals over the 7 week program. This term we have ONE SPOT left in the remaining 6 weeks of our Wednesday after-school Dinner Club(grade 6-9 classes). Please email Karen to enquire about this spot.
Now reserving spots for Term 3 2022 and these are filling fast! Please contact Karen to book in. Tuesdays are for Grade 2-5 (ages 7-11) 5 SPOTS left Wednesdays are for Grade 6-9 kids (ages 11-15) 5 SPOTS left.
Please read our Terms and Conditions below before booking in.
Our classes are kept uniquely small to interact with kids and get everyone involved. NDIS groups and Dinner Club and Homeschool (mainstream) 7 week after-school programs are explained below. All classes are held at Come and Cook, 11 Grenoble St, The Gap, Brisbane.
Special Needs Specific NDIS Groups
4 week meal-making, life-skills course $317* Please note the start dates
Saturdays 9:30-11:00 a.m July 16,23,30 August 6 (Booking now)
Mondays 4:00-5:30 p.m July dates T.B.C
These classes are run specifically for kids, teens and adults with additional learning needs and some students attend with a support worker. They are smaller groups (6 max) and run at a slower pace than the other Dinner Clubs mentioned below. Support workers are very welcome.
The other option for NDIS clients is 1:1 Cooking Coaching with Karen to learn some favourite meals and culinary skills together. These are $219 for a 1.5 hour lesson and are held on Tuesdays 10:30 a.m-12:00 p.m.
Dinner Club (mainstream)
This is a 7 weeks meal- making course. It starts in Week 3 of term and is held from 4:15-5:45 pm weekly making a wide range of dinners with some fun themes and kitchen skills to learn along the way. Places in class are limited to 9 only per session and are $389 for the term. Please note that the portion of food made goes home with the children but is not enough for the whole family! Reservations for Term 3 Dinner Clubs are now being taken $389
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking in to decide if this type of class is right for your child:
- Behaviour expectations required; respectful, kind, safe and inclusive. Classes are held at a medium (sometimes fast) pace with turn-taking and listening to instructions needed in order to complete the menu in the 1.5 hours. These are stand-up lessons to replicate the reality of being a chef.
- There is an up-to-date Covid-Safe Plan in place. Aprons are only worn by one participant (please feel free to bring your own), surfaces are regularly disinfected and hands are frequently washed and dried with single use paper towel. Please check in on the QR code and drop kids at the door.
- Participants just need to bring 2 plastic containers and a drink bottle. They will take home all food made and students need to arrive 5 mins early with enclosed shoes on and long hair tied back.
- Class sizes are always kept small to be uniquely hands-on sessions (8 max).
- Dietary requirements must be disclosed at time of booking and please also request a vegetarian option at this time.
- Classes need 6 kids to go ahead and if classes don’t fill, they may be filled by children from another age group
- If you need to cancel, full refunds are available up to 7 days prior to class beginning.
- If classes are shut down due to a Covid lockdown, refunds for the remainder or an alternative class date will be offered.